For Such Interesting articles
6 Best Practices For a Website Redesign
Website Redesign Strategies are not only about incorporating a fresh look and feel but also about improving the layout and usability of the website. If done correctly, a website design can increase customer satisfaction, boost organic search engine rankings, better serve your potential customers, and, most importantly, help drive sales and ROI.
For those embarking on a website redesign project, there are some best practices that should be followed in order to achieve success.
In this article, we’ll outline the six best website redesign strategies that will give you a head start needed in your next website redesign project, ensuring that goals such as increasing engagement, conversion rates, and generating leads are achieved quickly and more efficiently.
Check Out 6 Best Practices For a Website Redesign
Here are the best practices for why your website needs to be redesigned:-
1. Establish your Dedicated Team of Stakeholders
Establishing a dedicated team of stakeholders in website redesigning can be helpful in ensuring that the redesign process is carried out in a timely and effective manner. A stakeholder team typically includes representatives from various departments within the company, such as marketing, engineering, and customer service, as well as external stakeholders, such as clients or partners.
Together, they can help coordinate the design process and ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of progress and changes. They can also help to evaluate the final product and make any necessary adjustments or revisions. By establishing a stakeholder team early on in the redesign process, businesses can avoid potential conflicts and delays and ensure that their website is redesigned in a fashion that meets their needs and expectations.
2. Review Your Current Site
There are a few steps that you’ll need to take in order to review your current site and identify any necessary changes that need to be made in order to improve the design process.
1. Take a look at the overall layout of your site and make sure that all of the content is organized in an effective and easy-to-use manner.
2. Check to see if any outdated designs or irrelevant content needs to be removed or updated, and if so, take appropriate action to update or remove it.
3. Review the images, graphics, and color palettes used on your site and make sure that they are visually appealing and consistent with the overall design of the site.
4. Consider any additional functionality or features that may be missing from your site and consider implementing them if necessary.
5. Test out the new design elements using a small portion of your content management to make sure that everything functions as expected and that there are no unexpected issues or broken links in the website.
If there are any problems, take appropriate action to address them before moving forward with the full redesign project. Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be well on your way to a redesigned website that is more user-friendly, visually appealing, and functional!
3. Establish The Goals Of Your Redesign
The website redesign goals can vary depending on the specific needs of the website and its audience. However, some common goals for both design and content audit may include:
1. Improving the user experience (UX) and making the website more intuitive and easy to navigate.
2. Increasing website traffic and engagement, such as by making the website more search engine optimized (Search Engine Optimization).
3. Enhancing the visual design practices of the website and making it more visually appealing and professional.
4. Updating the website’s content to ensure that it is accurate, relevant, and useful to the target customers.
5. Make the website mobile-friendly and responsive web design, so that it can be easily accessed on all devices
6. Adding new features or functionality to the website, such as a blog, e-commerce store, or contact form
7. Ultimately, the website redesign plan will depend on the specific needs of the website and its audience and should be aligned with the overall business goals or organizational objectives.
4. Understand the User Journey
Understanding the user journey in website redesigning can help you design a more effective and engaging website. A user journey typically begins with a visitor clicking on a link or entering an address into a search engine. From there, the visitor is likely to arrive at a page that displays the website’s front-end elements (such as the home page or main menu).
Next, the visitor will likely explore the site by browsing through its content or clicking on links to different sections.
As they interact with the site, they may make decisions about what to do next (for example, by clicking on a product link to view details or making a purchase). Finally, if they have any questions or comments about their experience, they may reach out to the website’s support or design team.
By understanding how users interact with your website, you can design features that will encourage them to stay active on your site and make decisions that will lead them to purchase or sign up for your services. By taking this approach, you can create a website that is both easy to use and enjoyable for visitors of all ages and interests.
5. Don’t Remove or Change What is Currently Working
When redesigning a website, it is important to consider what is currently working well and to avoid making changes that could negatively impact those elements. For example, if certain pages or features of the website are driving a significant amount of traffic or conversion rates, it may be wise to keep those pages or features largely unchanged. Similarly, if the website has high search engine rankings, it’s important to maintain the elements that are contributing to that ranking, such as the current page structure, original content, and URLs.
It’s important to conduct a thorough analysis of the website’s current performance and user behavior, such as by using analytics tools and conducting user research, to identify the elements that are working well and to ensure that these elements are not negatively impacted by the redesign. This will help you to strike a balance between making necessary updates and improvements while preserving the elements that are currently working well.
6. Keep it Mobile-Friendly
Making a website mobile-friendly is an important aspect of website redesigning, as an increasing number of users access the internet on mobile devices. A mobile-friendly website is one that is optimized for small screens, touch-based navigation, and faster load time on mobile devices.
There are several ways to make a website mobile-friendly, such as:
1. Using a responsive design: This approach involves using a flexible layout that adjusts to fit the screen size of the device being used to access the website.
2. Using a separate mobile version of the website: This approach involves creating a separate mobile version of the website, which is optimized for smaller screens and touch-based navigation.
3. Using a mobile app: This approach involve practices creating a mobile app that provides users with a dedicated experience optimized for mobile devices.
By making the website mobile-friendly, you can ensure that it can be easily accessed and used by users on a wide range of devices, which can help to increase engagement, conversion rates, and overall satisfaction with the website.
To redesign a website successfully, it’s important to establish clear goals, conduct a thorough analysis, keep what’s currently working, make it mobile-friendly, and have a dedicated team. By following these guidelines, you can redesign your website to better meet the needs of your target audience and achieve the goals of your organization which in turn helps in reducing website’s bounce rate. To achieve business growth, companies must stay updated on design trends, develop a comprehensive content strategy, tailor marketing strategies to target their ideal customers, and prioritize generating organic traffic.
Are you a non-technical person? Worried about the design of your business website? Don’t worry Alakmalak Technologies can help you design your business website. We are a well-recognized website design company in India. We will provide you with a website design that will help you create a brand for your business and make you stand out from other competitors in the market.
Don’t run here and there. Just fill out the Contact Us form, and we will reach out to you soon.
What’s Next ?
I know after reading such an interesting article you will be waiting for more. Here are the best opportunities waiting for you.
Uncover our captivating services
Supercharge your business with us
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.