Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
Using ‘Fastly’ to optimize Magento website
What is Fastly?
Fastly is a CDN service that helps improve the content access speed hence resulting in significantly faster loading times for websites and mobile users. It makes use of SSD disks and their cache servers and hence this means the access speeds are high and at the same time the cache hit ratio is also very high. In addition to this there are over 30 point of presence locations all over the world in places like Asia, Europe, both North and South America, Australia and New Zealand. These have been strategically placed and make use of reverse proxy which means the content is being fetched from the origin server as requested and at the same time they support extensions for Magento 1 and Magento 2.
It is easy to install the Fastly Extension for Magento 2, however this may require some skills in PHP programming and knowledge of ‘Composer’. Fastly can be installed via the ‘Composer’ from Github.
Benefits of using Fastly
There are several benefits of using Fastly, here are some of them described briefly:
1. Loading time: With Fastly the loading time for a website or a mobile website is greatly reduced. One of the most important factors in the success of any website is the loading time. Ideally a website should not take more than 3 seconds to load and if it does the visitors tend to get a bit impatience. With the extension ‘Fastly’ installed on your Magento eCommerce website, it is possible to have a few additional feature on your main page and still have your loading times low. This one of the main benefits of using Fastly wih Magento.
2. Reverse Proxing: Fastly is able to deliver cached dynamic content. However, if it does receive a request for content that has not been cached, Fastly has the ability to use a technique called reverse proxy. This means, Fastly can fetch the requested item from the customer’s original servers and redirect it to the user that has requested it.
3. CDN: Fastly is a Content Delivery Network (CDN) that can delivery content from a website or a mobile application to the visitors and users very fast. This hold true no matter what the location is. CDN caches the content and hence has the ability to deliver it quickly. But CDN also purges the data constantly and makes sure it is delivered on time.
4. Stability: By installing and configuring ‘Fastly’ for Magento we can ensure the stability of the website. In cases where there are traffic surges, if you have a CDN like fastly installed for Magento, the stability of the website is maintained.
Alakmalak helps you with your eCommerce requirements
Alakmalak is a Web Development firm in India. They have been around for a while and hence have developed many different types of websites including eCommerce websites. They are also involved in Magento Web Development in India and can even help with custom Magento Development.
They have a team of highly skilled PHP Developers who utilize the resources at their disposal to the best of their abilities to produce stunning websites.
- Benefits of using Fastly
- magento web development company
- Magento Web Development in India
- Magento web development india
- What is Fastly?
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.