Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
How to Manage User Permissions In Joomla?
The user permissions which are quite important for just about any website with user accounts can be managed in a very good method in Joomla. In fact no content management system should be without it. With Joomla it is possible to change accessing, editing permissions besides other things via the custom options available.
In order to set the user permissions you will need to login to the Admin section of the website first. Then navigate from the menu to Site >> Global Configurations and select the permissions tab. Here there are eight different categories under user groups like public, manager, administrator, registered, author, editor, publisher and super user. You can set many different option for each of the user like mentioned below:
- Site Login – Login to the front side of the website.
- Admin Login – Login to the back end of the site
- Offline Access – Allows to access website when it is set to offline
- Super Admin – This option grants the user super user access to the website both admin section and user side. There are several options in the Admin that can only be accessed by super users, for example Global Configuration is one of them. Here restrictions do not apply hence if a user is part of this group as well as another lower access group, he will have full access since he is an administrator.
- Access Administration Interface – Allows access to the administrative interface but is restrictive and not complete as is for Super Admin.
- Create – This allows the user to create new objects like users, menu items and articles.
- Delete – This is a permission required to allow users to be able to delete existing objects.
- Edit – Provides permission to edit existing objects.
- Edit State – Provides permission to change the object state.
- Edit Own – Provides permission to edit objects that you have created.
Each of the above options has the following settings like not set, allowed, denied, inherited . The inherited option is for using the permission used in the group settings. The user groups can be set from admin by navigating to Users >> Groups and adding new groups.
In addition to this it is possible for you to set the permission for each individual article as well. This can also be done from the admin section by going to Content >> Articles and selecting the article in question. Once you have loaded your article you can navigate to the Permissions tab and set similar options as done form the admin section in global settings. Only this time the settings are meant for only an individual article and not the entire website.
A good example of when user permissions are required is a simple subscription website. Imagine a website which offers paid subscriptions and the viewers are only allowed to view certain pages if they register and become paid subscribers. This possess as a problem if you cannot set the permissions on the website. Fortunately for you with Joomla’s global as well as article base permission setting feature it is possible for you to do just that and allow the users to access the website only after registration and becoming a paid subscriber.
Thus although it may take the help of a trained Joomla web developer for many issues related to development; there are some configurations issues that can be sorted out with ease.
Why Choose Alakmalak As a Your Growth Partner?
Alakmalak is a Web Development Company In India that offers services for several technologies. There have been around for a very long time and have developed over 2500 projects for clients all around the world. They have highly skilled web developers with a great deal of experience.
- How to manage user permissions
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.