Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
Magento 2 Vs Shopify: Which E-commerce Platform Should You Prefer the Most?
Everyone who has started their business and are in need of an Ecommerce platform for their website always has this question in mind, whether to go with Magento 2 or Shopify. And to get an answer to this question, we will compare both the options on the basis of its features.
So let’s get started and find out which is the best option to go with.
Below is the checklist that will give you a list of factors to consider before starting:
- Hosting Type
- Payment Gateways
- Target Audience
- Installation & Configuration
- Shopify: Shopify is easier to use and navigate as it doesn’t matter if you are a pro or a totally new user.
- Magento 2: Magento 2 is quite hard to use and one can hardly keep up the eStore running without development assistance.
- Shopify: Manages all the aspects of security on its own and the user needs not to think about it. As it is PCI compliant, the protection of data is managed by the Ecommerece experts.
- Magento 2: There are Multiple Security patches released every year and its management is handled by the store owners. It has self-handled security.
- Shopify: It creates a strong ecosystem by approving every app and nurtures it. But it is limited to Shopify API.
- Magento 2: Availability of large selection of apps, but choosing the one and maintaining it is quite difficult.
- Shopify: It maintains the server, so there is a little or zero downtime.
- Magento: The speed of the site largely depends on the server you choose.
5. Hosting Type:
- Shopify: Fully Hosted
- Magento 2: Self Hosted
6. Payment Gateways:
- Shopify: There are more than 70 modes of payment supported by Shopify including PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Magento 2: It supports a variety of payment mode that includes PayPal, Klarna, Cybersource, Worldpay, Eway, Amazon Pay, and Braintree.
7. Target Audience:
- Shopify: B2C. Small and medium-sized business, and doesn’t offer to B2B versions, apart from customer groups.
- Magento 2: B2B and B2C. Medium to upper market businesses is the target audience.
8. Installation & Configuration:
- Shopify: It is very simple and can be understood easily by the developers and the clients and can be mastered by them.
- Magento 2: It is complex and the platform requires knowledge in programming and the experience to fully master the platform, for both, the developers and client.
- Shopify: It puts certain kinds of restrictions concerning SEO. Users cannot edit the robots.txt file, URLs, etc. They’re able to set up canonical URLs, hreflang references, “noindex” tags, etc.
- Magento 2: Magento is much more flexible and has no real limits. The developers can carry out the heavy customization without a need to worry.
- Shopify: Mostly Uptime. It is included with updates to the platform many times a day.
- Magento 2: Maintenance dependent Uptime. Regularly gets updated with the test, but takes more time and effort than Shopify.
By considering the above features about both the eCommerce platforms, we can conclude that Magento 2 is the more preferable platform for businesses.
Why Choose Alakmalak?
Alakmalak is a Web Development Company in India that offers services for several technologies. There have been around for a very long time and have developed over 2500 projects for clients all around the world. They have highly skilled web developers with a great deal of experience.
- E-commerce Platform
- ecommerce web developers india
- ecommerce web development
- Magento 2 Vs Shopify