Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
How to Change Number of Upsell Products in Magento?
Magento is ecommerce software and is available to download freely from their website. It is highly versatile software, which is one of the reasons that it has risen to popularity so fast. Magneto by itself has many features built into it and thus reduces the need for you to add any extensions. However there are many extensions available for you to install into Magento to enhance the user experience. Furthermore if you wish for a truly unique website or custom functionality it is likely you will need the assistance of a Magento Web developer.
Magento has many modules that help market a product. One such module is the Upsell products module. Upselling is a marketing technique whereby you force the customer into purchasing a more expensive option than the one he had chosen by simply exposing him the several other options. The upsell products may include several upgrades to the product chosen by the customer or simply posses several addons that could work out more profitable for the store.
The process of upselling is usually done in such a manner that it does not offend the customer and yet display the other better options available for the same product. This is a kind of marketing technique; The upsell products in case of Magento are usually shown on the product preview page and usually there are only 4 upsell products displayed by default. If in under some circumstance you wish to display more than 4 upsell products then you need to increase the number of upsell product being displayed on this page.
The upsell products in Magento can be changed by following the simple steps below:
1. It is necessary to first connect to your server using FTP and go to the directory /app/design/frontend/default/layout.
2. Here you need to download the file by the name catalog.phtml and edit it you favourite editor.
3. Search for the following line which is usually around the line number 206 in the file.
4. Here in the above statement you can change the number 4 to 6 or as many as upsell products you wish to display.
5. One thing you need to do after changing this number is to clear the Magento browser cache so that the changes take effect and you can see to changes once the browser is refreshed.
6. The changes will be visible on the product preview page.
Feel free to contact our Magento web development team today.
Why Choose Alakmalak As a Your Growth Partner?
Alakmalak is a web development company in India that offers services for several technologies. There have been around for a very long time and have developed over 2500 projects for clients all around the world. They have highly skilled web developers with a great deal of experience.
- how to change number of upsell products in magento?