Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
- Take a look at Common React.js security vulnerabilities that need to be fixed
- 10 Amazing PHP Development Tools that every efficient PHP Developer must use
- The Ultimate Guide: Latest Link Building Approaches in 2020
- Trending Mobile App Developments That Will Dominate App Development Space in 2020
- Boost sales instantly with these amazing Shopify apps (Most are Free)
Sign up our newsletter to get daily updates
Disabling The Author Information Placed Under Each Post Or Page In WordPressWordpress Web Development
- WordPress is a very versatile software and is open source as well. It is free to download from its website and install by any one. It has been designed keeping many things in mind. It is essentially a blogging software, although it can also be used as a content management software or even as an ecommerce solution.
- WordPress has been designed such that it can have multiple users. You can select the role for each user like author, administrator, contributor, subscriber to name a few. The role of the author is usually given to the users who are contributing to website by writing articles that are published on the website.
- WordPress displays the list of new posts on the blog page by default and this is usually first page where there is no customization. This page will have excerpts of the article a once you click on the article it will display the complete article along with the author information.
- It is useful to have the author information displayed on the website; but if you do not have that kind of website or if you have only 1 contributor to the website and thus do not need the name of the author to be displayed you can simply remove it.
In order to disable the author information displayed under each post or page you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to your WordPress website’s admin section and login.
- Select Appearance >> Editor from the admin menu.
- Be sure to make a note of the theme that is selected in the top right corner.
- Now search for a file by the name single.php. This is the default name for the file and can be different in customized themes, though as a rule is left the same.
- Once you do find the file click on it and take a backup of the file just in case you mess up the code and need to fall back on the original.
- Now search the code form the section like <div id=”post-author”>
- Once you do find the code you will notice that it is an entire section that ends with </div><– /post-author –>
- You need to comment out this section using the default HTML tags <!— and –>.
- Hit the update button to save the file.
- Now refresh your browser and you will notice that you have accomplished the task of removing the author’s information.
It may seem quite a task to remove the author information since it involves editing a PHP file. In that case you can hire a WordPress Web Developer to do the job for you.
Alakmalak is one such company that provides WordPress related services.
- How To Disable Author In Wordpress
- How To Disable Post Author In Wordpress
- wordpress web developer
More Related Posts
Comments are closed.