For Such Interesting articles
Digital Marketing – How Important is Twitter
Twitter is a mature social network and has been around for a while. It is now a key marketing platform and can boost marketing for consumer brands and even business to business platforms.
A simple share made on Twitter can take your post places on Twitter and reach more audiences that you can imagine.
You may already have a brief idea of how Twitter can help you achieve Digital Marketing goal from reading an article in a magazine or on the Internet. However this article is aimed at providing you complete information on how Twitter can be useful.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is quite similar to conventional marketing and since this is the digital age it makes sense to take digital marketing seriously. The term ‘Digital Marketing’ covers a broad range of mediums like Television, radio and of course the Internet, Besides which it also include the hand held devices.
Digital Marketing is not only able to address each one of these platforms, but it can also measure the effort spent as well as the benefit received (Return on Investment). To give you a clearer picture of what Digital Marketing includes here is a shot list (which is not the complete list):
- Link Building
- Ring tones for call back or hold
- e Books
- Optical Disks
- SMS – Short Message Service
- MMS – Multimedia Message Service
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing
How is Digital Marketing Beneficial?
Digital Marketing is beneficial since a great number of people can now be reached via several digital mediums and it is in fact a lot like conventional marketing with a lot many of the same principles being applicable. The statistic mentioned below will help remove any of your doubts.
- The penetration of the Internet amongst the mobile users was at 73% as per the statistics collected in 2013.
- The mobile internet usage is on a rise. The figures show that the mobile internet users will surpass those on other platforms like (computer, etc) by the end of next year (2015).
- Mobile phone users are also active on social media, in fact the studies show that about 80% of them are.
- Several other studies were conducted to confirm the role that social media plays in digital marketing. It was found that Twitter was a very efficient platform. In fact as per the study conducted, when it comes to conversion ratio, Twitter was converting more leads than Google search was. This was derived from the study conducted in U.K.
- The number of Internet users is some at 2.9 Billion at the moment (2014). To give you a brief idea of the rate at which it is increasing, this figure was only at 44 Million in the year 1995. This is expected to rise next year as well (2015).
Social media – The statistics say more than words
Marketing is to some extent data driven and has always been. When it comes to digital marketing the data plays a more important role in developing marketing strategies and following the developments in the market. It may come as a surprise to few that not everyone has the same perspective when it comes to digital marketing.
For example the marketers and the consumers are at two different ends and hence both have difference views of social media. Even the executives have a different view of what social media is and the way in which it is useful to them. The list goes on, with many of business to business vendors viewing social media like Facebook as a gold mine.
Here we take a look at what makes social media so important when discussing Digital Marketing strategies.
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- Social Media is known to be extremely popular amongst the teenagers and young executives. Hence when it comes to the age group between 18 to 30, if the person is online, they are highly likely to be active on a social media network.
- Besides that, Social Media has now penetrated the middle aged group of people. (45 – 55). The statistics show that approximately 55% of this age group are active on at least one of the many social media networks.
- The statistics rate Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to be the most popular social media networks.
- The second most popular social media networks are YouTube, Blogger, Linked In.
- Amongst the least most popular social networks there are Flicker, Tumbler and Stumble Upon.
- A high percentage of social network member follow at least one brand. The statistics show that approximately 58% of the members follow at least one brand.
- To give you a brief idea of big the social networks are. The monthly active users on Facebook is roughly 1 Billion, that on You Tube is approximately 800 Million and that of Google+ roughly 343 Million. Twitter is estimated to have approximately 200 million actively monthly users as does Linked In.
- 90% of the top Fortune 500 companies are active on at least one social media network.
- 92% of the small businesses believe that Social Media is an effective marketing tool.
- 23% of Facebook users check their accounts at least five times a day of which 80% prefer to connect with their favourite brands.
- 47% of the population (American) believe that Facebook is the single most effective medium that has a very big impact on their purchasing behavior.
- Half of all mobile web traffic in U.K. goes to facebook.
A brief introduction to Twitter
What does it mean to be a digital marketer and are you already one? The interesting fact I that if you are publishing content on either Facebook, Twitter or Google+ (in fact just about any social media network), then you are a digital marketer. It doesn’t really matter whether you are publishing and promoting a commercial brand or promoting brand yourself.
In general when you thing of Marketing in this perspective it includes both publishing and promoting.
A quick refresher about Twitter. Historically Twitter was exclusively popular breaking news. Although it may still be popular for news updates as soon as they are released, it is also popular for other things. It can be used to accelerate broadcasting the message of a brand. It is easy to underestimate twitter simply because it allows only 140 characters. But the reality is quite different and Twitter is one social media network that should definitely be taken seriously.
The SEO industry has witnessed massive changes over the years and 2014 was no different. Although it is safe to say that the trends are continuing to point in the same direction and thus the SEO strategist do have some fixed method or strategy they can follow for their long term strategies.
The factors like social media, alternative content (video, info graphics), social blogs, and internet forums continue to be very effective. However good quality content is likely to be the most effective in the years to come.
Hence a clear conclusion is drawn here; hang on to the good SEO team of yours since you will require them when it comes to implementing your strategies; but at the same time make sure you also maintain a team of good and effective content writers.
Alakmalak has been in to Web development since a very long time. They have developed more than 2000 websites for client from all around the globe. At same time they also understand the importance of SEO and the role it plays to make the website you develop highly effective and come top on the search list. Their dedicated team of SEO experts have been helping business owners with their websites and continue to do so effectively.
- How Important is Twitter in Digital Marketing
- Why Twitter is Important in Digital Marketing
What’s Next ?
I know after reading such an interesting article you will be waiting for more. Here are the best opportunities waiting for you.
Uncover our captivating services
Supercharge your business with us
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.