Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
Covid-19 and its Impact on Ecommerce Business Sectors
The outbreak of coronavirus disease has drastically changed the lives of people around
the world. This Covid-19 pandemic has even impacted many business sectors and
affected the economic condition of many countries.
With many people now staying at home and maintaining social distances, people are
now more into online buying and selling, which has become a leading and expanding
the trend in the pandemic, thereby adding more importance and success to the E-commerce
business industries. This has eventually spiked the number of orders coming to the E-
commerce stores, and fulfilling them has become a headache due to the disruption in
the supply chain.
In order to overcome the impact of Covid-19, e-commerce businesses should take
the following steps right away:
- Try to maintain good relations with the existing customers and sympathize with
- Have an expansion on the supply base so that your business doesn't rely on a single supplier
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws of the businesses nationally and locally
- Pile up your stocks as the supply chain can disrupt again at anytime
- Find a good mobile app development company that can develop an E-commerce app suiting your business model
Product Categories Thriving During Covid-19
Health and Safety Products
During the rise in the pandemic situation at present, there has been a huge rise in the
purchase of health and safety products such as masks and sanitizers. They have been
rising by more than 300%, and its demand is expected to rise further in the coming
months due to the growing awareness among consumers in the wake of the pandemic.
- Shelf-stable Goods: The long-life foods such as rice, nuts, and milk substitutes are also experiencing a surge in demand as the consumers stock them up out of fear of shortages and to limit the need to venture out for food. Other items that see an increase are dried beans and fruit snacks that have a longer shelf-life.
- Digital Streaming: There has been a huge increase in the number of subscribers to more digital streaming services now than ever before. The streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and Disney+ have seen again in their subscribers in the first quarter of 2020 itself.
- Food and Beverage: This being the major part of people's life, its grocery department has seen a huge hike in its sales. With the pandemic's emergence, there has been a slight behavioral change in people’s way of buying groceries. Many people are choosing to buy online with pick up in-store or door-to-door delivery options.
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected many people all over the world and has disrupted
their lives for several months now. And their after-effects will still be there even if the
pandemic ends. Being transparent, optimistic, and positive will reduce your burden in
the business and assist your E-commerce business and the people around you.
Depending on your industry and consumers, your response to the ever-evolving
situations will change as you know your customer better than anyone else.
- covis 19 effect
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.