For Such Interesting articles
Comparing Laravel with Other popular PHP Frameworks for Better Application Developments
PHP is considered to be the most popular programming language and modern framework around the world, being used in most of projects. And among the top modern PHP frameworks Laravel, Symfony and Yii, Laravel is leading the topmost position. Before going deep into comparing Laravel vs. Symfony, and Laravel vs. Yii, let’s go through an overview of them;
This is a set of reusable PHP components, that enables the developer in creating scalable, high-performance applications. The PHP developer has complete authority to choose from 30 components and work in a RAD environment. It allows easy database integration with third-party applications and can also be used with popular front-end frameworks such as AngularJS.
Laravel is known to be the most popular framework for web artisans offering an excellent community. In 2015, it had offered a long-term support version for two years and many hosting companies provide Laravel support for their applications.
Yii is a secure, high-performance and fastest PHP framework. It is also considered to be a fast PHP framework that utilizes the composer dependency manager. Another additional feature is the jQuery integration that enables front-end developers to get the framework quickly.
Comparison between the Top 3 PHP Frameworks to see if Laravel is the Best
Laravel vs Symfony
- Regarding the code organization, Symfony has provided reusable components with better modularity. It is considered better for complex projects and both the frameworks make use of the MVC architecture for complex web application developments. The main difference lies concerning the template engine. While Symfony uses the Twig, Laravel uses its template Blade, which is considered better than the former due to code reusability.
- Considering the performance and scalability, for Laravel the average loading time for a website is 60ms and for Symfony it is 25ms.
- The Documentation and learning curve is basic for Symfony, while Laravel has more tutorials and learning videos when compared to Symfony.
Laravel vs Yii
- The template engine of both these powerful framework differs in some simplified forms. The directory structure of Yii is found to be much easier than Symfony, so there is no such default template engine for both the frameworks as they have their template engines.
- Both Laravel and Yii have convenient migration systems, in which Laravel has an effective testing procedure compared to Yii.
- Considering the validation point, Yii follows a scenario-based validation whereas Laravel has no scenario-based one.
- Laravel needs routing for every action while Yii that is not a needed case.
- Concerning the documentation, Symfony shares great documentation but the resources are not extensive as for Laravel.
- Laravel has strong and large community support which is growing day-by-day, whereas Symfony also has a large community but not as big as Laravel’s.
So, all this proves that Laravel is leading among the other PHP frameworks. Some of the other reasons are as listed below:
- MVC Support
- Database Migration
- Object-Oriented Libraries
- Authorization technique
- Lumen-Micro framework
All the three PHP frameworks- Symfony, Laravel, and Yii are considered the excellent option that ensures provide a full-stack development environment for the developers. However, the Laravel framework is always considered the best for rapid application developments and tops the rest.
Developing Awesome Laravel Application With Alakmalak
Alakmalak has been developing stunning laravel applications We have a team of highly skilled laravel Developer who has the expertise to create awesome applications. Please contact us here to develop a laravel Application.
What’s Next ?
I know after reading such an interesting article you will be waiting for more. Here are the best opportunities waiting for you.
Uncover our captivating services
Supercharge your business with us
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.