Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
Comparing Laravel with Other PHP Frameworks for Better Application Developments
PHP is considered to be the most popular programming language around the world, being used in most of the projects. And among the top PHP frameworks Laravel, Symfony and Yii, Laravel is leading the topmost position. Before going deep into comparing Laravel vs. Symfony, and Laravel vs. Yii, let’s go through an overview of them;
This is a set of reusable PHP components, that enables the developer in creating scalable, high-performance applications. The developer has complete authority to choose from 30 components and work in a RAD environment. It allows easy integration with third-party applications and can also be used with popular front-end frameworks such as the AngularJS.
Laravel is known to be the best PHP framework for web artisans offering an excellent community. In 2015, it had offered long-term support for two years and many hosting companies provide Laravel support for their applications.
Yii is a secure, fast, and high-performance application framework. It is also considered to be a fast PHP framework that utilizes the composer dependency manager. Another great feature is the jQuery integration that enables front-end developers to get the framework quickly.
Comparison between the Top 3 PHP Frameworks to see if Laravel is the Best
Laravel vs. Symfony
- Regarding the code organization, Symfony has provided reusable components with better modularity. It is considered better for the complex applications and both the frameworks make use of the MVC architecture for web application developments. The main difference lies concerning the template engine. While Symfony uses the Twig, Laravel uses its template Blade, which is considered better than the former due to code reusability.
- Considering the performance and scalability, for Laravel the average loading time for a website is 60ms and for Symfony it is 25ms.
- The Documentation and learning curve is basic for Symfony, while Laravel has more tutorials and learning videos when compared to Symfony.
Laravel vs. Yii
- The template engine of both frameworks differs in some simplified forms. The directory structure of Yii is found to be much easier than Symfony, so there is no such default template engine for both the frameworks as they have their template engines.
- Both the Laravel and Yii have convenient migration systems, in which Laravel has an effective testing procedure compared to Yii.
- Considering the validation point, Yii follows a scenario-based validation whereas Laravel has no scenario-based one.
- Laravel needs routing for every action while Yii that is not a needed case.
- Concerning the documentation, Symfony shares great documentation but the resources are not extensive as for Laravel.
- Laravel has strong and large community support which is growing day-by-day, whereas Symfony also has a large community but not as big as Laravel’s.
So, all this proves that Laravel is leading among the other PHP frameworks. Some of the other reasons are as listed below:
- MVC Support
- Database Migration
- Object-Oriented Libraries
- Authorization technique
- Lumen-Micro framework
All the three PHP frameworks- Symfony, Laravel, and Yii are considered as an excellent option that ensures to provide a full-stack development environment for the developers. However, the Laravel framework is always considered the best for rapid application developments and tops the rest.
Developing Awesome Laravel Application With Alakmalak
Alakmalak has been developing stunning laravel applications We have a team of highly skilled laravel Developer who has the expertise to create awesome applications. Please contact us here to develop a laravel Application.