Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
- 9 Awesome WordPress Plugins That Every Business Website Must Have In 2020
- The Top Tips For Effective eCommerce Website Development Assured to Drive in Sales
- 9 Superb PPC Trends That You Cannot Miss Out In 2020
- 10 Machine Learning Blogs That You Must Read Regularly
- 7 Top Practices In Software Development That Will Make Every Developer’s Life Easy
Sign up our newsletter to get daily updates
A overview on Tag CloudWordpress Web Development
WordPress is a very versatile software that is used by many people and companies worldwide and more number of people continue to opt for WordPress over other options. The reason behind this is the extreme simplicity of WordPress. It is highly simple to install the open source software and easy to configure as well. In fact if you don’t require a customised template or additional functionality you put together the website yourself. On the other hand if you do require some customizations it is best to hire professional WordPress web developers to do the job. Alakmalak is on such company that is involved in WordPress Web Development.
WordPress has many good features and the Tag Cloud is one of them. The Tags in WordPress usually comprise of topics, subtopics and even subjects related to your post. To top it all they are displayed in a very neat and user friendly format thus enabling the user to easily spot the topic they are interested in and quickly navigate to your post. Tags in general provide a better user experience and are also good for search engine optimisation.
A Tag cloud can display the post tags or the post categories. It is possible to add it to your website by following the simple steps mentioned below.
- To start with login to the admin section of your website.
- Navigate to the Widgets page from the admin menu Appearance >> Widgets.
- You will find a widget by the name Tag Cloud in your list of unused widgets.
- Drag this widget onto the sidebar that is suitable .
- You will notice the presence of a tag section in sidebar on the WordPress website.
That is all there is to adding a Tag Cloud to your website. Although you will need to have predefined tags in your posts in order for them to be displayed. In order to define tags for your posts you need to go into each post individually and select a tag from the existing tags or make a new one. This can be done by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Login to the admin section of your website.
- Navigate to the Posts section from the Admin menu like Posts.
- Select the post you wish to add the tag to and hit the edit button.
- The Posts have the tag section on the right sidebar. Here you can add a new tag for your posts.
Now that you know how to add a tag to your posts you can go ahead and add them to each of your posts. Once done you will notice a neat list of tags are present in the sidebar. The tags itself can be anything. For example in a post meant for an event you could have several different tags like the name of the event., the date of the event, type of event, or even the special invitees to the event. In general, the tags should be something meaningful, that the user can relate too.
- Better Tag Cloud
- Tag Cloud
- Tag Cloud Module Overview
- Tags Cloud Module
- WordPress Web Development
More Related Posts
Comments are closed.