WordPress is a very popular software and is also freely available to download from its website. It is a very popular blogging software beside which it has several other applications as well. It can be implemented as a blog or a content management system and even an ecommerce website.
The way WordPress is designed it displays the date and time of the creation of the post in all the articles published. This is very useful in case WordPress has been implemented as Electronic Newspaper and even a magazine. However the date and time are not required in every application and thus there is the option to remove it.
The task of removing the date is not extremely easy, in the sense it is not a setting in the options menu that you can tweak. You will in fact need to get into the PHP code of the website to make changes and stop the data from being displayed.
You can very well leave this task to the professional WordPress Web Developers. In fact Alakmalak is one such WordPress Web Developer in India that can cater to your any task big or small. On the other hand if you like the ‘do it yourself’ approach more then all you need to do is to read this article through and follow the instructions to the point.
It is possible to remove the date and time being displayed on the post page by simply following the steps mentioned below…
- The first thing to do is to login to the admin section of your WordPress website.
- Then navigate to the Editor from the admin menu Appearance > Editor.
- You will need to confirm that you are working on the correct theme by checking in the top right corner.
- Now look for the files index.php and single.php. A default WordPress theme will have these files and even a customized theme should have these files if not you will need to search a little harder for the files in question.
- Once you have found them, for example we can take the index.php file; you need to load it by clicking on it.
- It is a must to take a backup of the file prior to modifying it; since that way you can fall back on the backup file of you happen to mess up the PHP code.
- On the other hand if you are an experience coder that may not be required; nevertheless it always pays to have a backup.
- You now need to search the code for the string <?pp the_time(‘F j, Y’); ?> at <?php the_time() ?>
- This code can be slightly different in a different theme although there cannot be a big variation.
- The above code is responsible for the display of the date and time and needs to be removed.
- You can do so by simply commenting it out using the HTML tags <!– and –> . Thus by commenting it out and not totally removing it you have the option of quickly adding it back to your website if and when required.
- Now update the file by hitting the update file button to save the changes.
- The same procedure can be followed for the single.php file.
- Refresh the page in the browser and you will see the desired result.
Alakmalak is a WordPress web development company that can help you out with tasks big and small.