Laravel is an open source PHP framework that is available as a free download. It has been developed using the model-view-controller (MVC) architecture pattern. Although Laravel was released fairly recently it is one of the most popular PHP frameworks around. This is because it is very feature rich and secure framework. The modular packaging system feature and multiple data accessing methods are the most popular features.
Importance of testing website
It is important to test the website prior to release. Delivering a website with bugs is like delivering a defective product. It is usually not a good idea to let the user detect the bugs and for the programmer to correct it once they are informed. The process of testing a website is done systematically and helps discover defects and problems with the website. It is necessary to make sure that the website works as per the user expectations and does not fail in any circumstance.
Testing with Laravel
The websites developed with Laravel have an edge over those developed using some other framework or core PHP. The reason being that Laravel has been built with testing modules integrated within the framework. Laravel framework has integrated PHPUnit that is configured to work with the website you develop. Besides which, there also several helper functions built in to make the testing easier. Here are the advantages of Laravel testing system:
– Laravel has in inbuilt testing environment that can be operated via the command line.
– It is easy to define the test and run them.
– Laravel has made it possible to create test cases using the command line as well.
– There is an API to make HTTP requests to your application and even examine the output.
– The system can automatically test forms and links as well.
– The testing is conducted in a special test environment and hence the caching and other configurations that are changed during testing do not affect the final release.
Testing a simple PHP website
There are several methods of testing a PHP website. The PHP developer has the option of using one of the simplest testing solution to more complicated and more integrated solutions. Here are some of the popular testing solutions for PHP websites:
– PHP Tester
With core PHP the testing system is not integrated with the PHP code. The testing environment needs to be specially installed, configured and setup for the website being developed. Once setup, detailed test cases need to be developed. Thus this is not a streamlined process.
Laravel Development with Alakmalak
Alakmalak is a Laravel Application Development company that has been around since more than 10 years. Having developed over 2000 websites for clients from more than 20 countries around the world, Alakmalak has had a great deal of experience. They have a dedicated team of Laravel developers with a great deal experience and skills.
- Importance of testing website
- Laravel Application Development company
- testing of simple php website
- testing website with laravel