Magento is a ecommerce software the community edition of which is available to download freely. It is a very versatile software and highly recommended too. In the short time that it has been around it has manage to grab a good share of the shopping carts market and even today more and more people lay their trust in Magento while making their ecommerce solution online. The reason being that Magento has many built in features as compared to the other ecommerce solutions. And in addition to these built in features it is also possible to add new features in for form of extensions in Magento. There are a big list of extensions available on various topics for you to select from. The method in which these extensions are installed is described later in the article. There is more to Magento then the built in features and the extensions; Magento is also customizable. It is possible to hire Magento web developers to help design new modules or extensions that suit your unique needs.
Here is how you can go about installing the appropriate extensions.
1. You need to load the website http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/ in your browser and find the appropriate extension. You need to take care of the fact that the extension does not support all versions and that your version is included in the one you pick. If it is the correct one you will have to copy the extension key for the selected extension.
2. Now go to your Magento installation, the admin section.
3. Load the admin menu System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager and paste the key in the box provided there
4. Click on the install button; this will load a terminal window showing the progress of the installation.
5. Once done and you refresh the page it will show your extension as installed.
6. You can then edit the extension by changing the options to suit your needs.
Feel free to contact our Magento web development team today.
If you like this blog Please Plus it, Like It ,Tweet It and best yet link to It.