Magento is a ecommerce software that can be downloaded freely from their website. There are however two other versions of Magento which are not freely available. It is possible to hire Magento Web developers to install a customized Magento for your shop online. This may prove to be a good option if you are unfamiliar with the use of the programming language PHP and HTML. Since a little bit both may be required if you need to alter your store’s design from what is provided by default.
In addition to that this throughout the website you will have images displaying your products. Since it is a store you will have products and uploading images for each product is the better way to make the sale. It is possible to give your product images a personal touch by adding a watermark to them. This serves as a dual purpose; it helps establish your brand and at the same time prevents other people from simply downloading your images and utilizing it for their own needs.
It is possible to protect images with a watermark by following the steps below:
1. Go to the admin section of your Magento installation.
2. You need to go to the admin menu System and click on Configuration tab.
3. Here we need to open the Design page and then click on the page Product Image Watermark.
4. Here you need to specify the image default size which happens to be the dimensions of the watermark image
5. A watermark image of your choice needs to be uploaded and saved to the server.
6. Similarly you can upload the watermark in many different sizes as requested on the page.
7. Once done you need to go to the admin menu System → Cache Management page and check all the boxes and select refresh. This will reset the cache of the website you can then click on save settings.
8. You will also need to refresh the Catalog Reviews, Images cache and the layered navigation indices using the buttons provided at the bottom.
9. That should do the trick, after which all the images will be protected via a watermark.
Feel free to contact our Magento web development team today.
If you like this article, please Plus it, Like it, Tweet it, or best yet, link to it.