PrestaShop is very popular ecommerce software which is also open source and free to download. PrestaShop is popular for many reasons like a good user interface, etc. although one of the salient features is that there are many modules or feature pre installed in the basic version of PrestaShop. This makes it very easy for the average user to just download and install the shopping cart for their use. It is common for all the shop owners to want a custom layout or theme for their online shop so that it stands out from the remaining ones. There are many themes available for download from websites online that can be used. However if you wish to have a more customised theme with all the bells and whistles of your choice you may have to take the help of a PrestaShop web designer to make the layout for you. In fact you may even need to hire a PrestaShop developer to make custom changes for you.
PreataShop does provide one good feature where it is possible to install an existing theme via the admin panel. It is possible to install a template in PrestaShop using the Export / Import at theme module. The method of doing so is described below:
1. You first need to login to your PrestaShop admin panel.
2. From the admin menu go to Modules > Modules and search for Import / Export a theme module.
5. This module now needs to be configured by clicking the Configure link.
6. Here you can select the Choose File option to browse for the file on your computer from the Import from your computer section and select your compressed theme file. One selected you can hit the next button.
8. Further options will be displayed as to which modules of the theme you want installed; and after you have selected the modules you want installed you can hit the next button.
9. You can navigate to the Preferences > Images section to check if all the image sizes were added and can even regenerate the image thumbnails from here.
Feel free to contact our hire prestashop developer team today.
If you like this blog Please Plus it, Like It ,Tweet It and best yet link to It.