Magento is ecommerce software that is available to download for free. It is very robust software. This is the reason that it has become so popular and so fast. E-commerce software is the buzz word now and you will find many different ones available if you do a simple search for them on the Internet. Magetno is one of the chosen ones; a great number of people wishing to have their online presence felt in the form of a shopping cart select Magento. Many features are in built and thus reducing the need for you to add any extensions. There are however, loads of extensions available for you to install; to make Magento extra special. In addition to which it is also possible to add unique customized features with the assistance of a Magento Web developer.
It is possible to edit the header links in Magento and you can do so by simply following the instruction below:
- Almost all Magento stores have header links. In fact Magento stores by default have those header links and most of them retain them in their design too.
- These links are like ‘My Account, My Wishlist, My Cart, Checkout, Login’.
- The way this is designed is that each header link is located in a different XML file.
- You need to login to the Magneto Web server where your shopping card is installed via FTP.
- Once logged in navigate to the directory ‘app/design/frontend/default/<your-theme>/layout’ folder. You will find the required files in this folder.
- If you don’t find the files you need; you will most certainly find them in the directory ‘app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/’ folder.
- To start with you will find the customer.xml file here. Download this file and edit it in your favourite editor.
- Now locate the following code:
<!– Mage_Customer –>
<action method=”addLink” translate=”label title” module=”customer”><label>My Account</label><url helper=”customer/getAccount Url”/><title>My Account</title><prepare/><urlParams/><position>10</position></action>
- Here you can edit the label ‘My Account’ and rename it to whatever you wish. You can also modify the link as per your requirement.
- It is also possible to modify the login and logout links here in the same manner.
- The My Cart and Checkout links are located in the checkout.xml file and can be removed from there.
Thus the entire process of changing links is quite simple and easy which may some beginner level programming skills however.
Feel free to contact our magento web developer team here.
If you like this blog Please Plus it, Like It ,Tweet It and best yet link to It.