Google maps just got very simple with Joomla. There are few pre-requisites first though. You will need to search for this plugin by the name ‘Google Maps by Reumer’ and install it to your Joomla website. Once this has been installed you can simply follow the steps mentioned below and you will have yourself a state of the art Google map, right on your website.
- Assuming you have installed the Google map plugin as mentioned earlier, you will need to first login to your Joomla website’s admin section.
- Now navigate to the Extensions >> Plugin Manager section.
- You can locate the Google Maps plugin by simply searching for it in the search options provided above.
- Once you find the plugin, click on it and you will find a page opens up with many tabs.
- Select the Location Settings tab.
- Here you can simply enter the physical address in the Address field if you do have the precise address.
- Alternatively you can visit the website http://www.maps.google.com and pin point the location with the help of a mouse.
- Once you do have your desired location hit the link button in the top left menu to obtain the ‘Short URL’ and place this URL in a document of any kind.
- This link contains the latitude and longitude values of your selected location.
- Simply copy these and place them into the location settings page of your plugin on your website and save the changes.
- Now place the appropriate shortcode mentioned in the instructions section on to your website or content page via Joomla’s admin section.
- Reload your user side webpage and you find a great Google Map. It couldn’t be any easier.
Joomla does have a strange effect on people. They usually feel it will too hard to use. On the contrary, Joomla has a very user friendly interface. It has gotten even more user friendly with the release of the latest build series ‘3.x’. No matter what kind of website you make using Joomla you will usually require a Contact page and it is a good thing to have a contact page.
For example if you have a blog it is healthy to let you readers know about your whereabouts as well. In case of an ecommerce website placing your location on the website means customers can find you easier. Or in case of an exclusively ecommerce store it could boost customer confidence. Similarly the same applies to many other types of implementations of Joomla.
Besides which installing the Google map is quite simple as already explain in this article so why not make the extra effort.
In the case where you have hired a professional Joomla web developer to do the job the task should become even easier. Alakmalak is one such Joomla Web Development Company.