Magento is an e-commerce software that is available in three different versions. They are Magento Go, Magento Enterprise Edition and magento community edition. Of these three only the Magento Community edition is available for a free download while the other two come at a cost.
1. First login to the admin section of the Magento installation
2. Go to the admin menu like System Import/Export – Export and check the page that loads
3. Here you need to select the entity type which would be products and export file format would be CSV. After making the selection you need to hit the continue button to export the products into a CSV file format.
4. This CSV file thus produced is readable in Excel for example. In fact it can be imported into Excel, where you can make the changes in the price without needing constantly refresh the screen with a submit button. Moreover it is offline and hence faster.
5. Once updated the CSV file can then be uploaded back to the Magento server. To do this once again go to the admin menu like System Import.
6. Export/Import and check the page that loads
7. Here you need to once again select the entity type as products and choose to replace the existing data and upload your CSV file.
Thus the changing or the products data can be easily achieved via the Magento’s great new features
Why Choose Alakmalak As a Your Growth Partner?
Alakmalak is a web development company in India that offers services for several technologies. There have been around for a very long time and have developed over 2500 projects for clients all around the world. They have highly skilled web developers with a great deal of experience.
- How to edit product prices through the external .csv file