Magento is a ecommerce software which has a three different versions to choose from. The community edition is available to download freely. It is a very versatile software and is highly recommended to use as well. Magento has been around for a very short period of time. However in spite of that there are many people and companies who have laid their trust in Magento to make their shopping cart websites. One of the reasons is that Magento has many features built in with the basic installation and that may seem to attract more number of people. In addition to the number basic features Magento has a great deal more to offer in terms of additional modules. These modules are available online itself via the official website of the Magento and are easy to install. Moreover it is also possible to build customized solution and modules to add that unique touch to your website. You will probably require to hire a Magento developer to help out with this one though.
The Upsell products are usually displayed on the products view page or products details page. The number of upsell products beings displayed by default on this page is 4. But like everything else this can be changed too. The procedure to change the number of upsell products is not very hard as well. You simply need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Connect to you web server via FTP or via a file manager.
- Once connected navigate the folder /app/design/frontend/default/<your theme>/layout director.
- Here you need to download the file by the name catalog.phtml and edit it in your favourite browser.
- At approximately line number 208 you will find the following code that needs to be modified.
- Change the number 4 to a number of our choice.
- Make sure to clear the Magento browser cache before proceeding.
- Open the product preview page and refresh to inspect the changes.
Are you looking for hire magento web developer contact to our experts Today.
If you like this blog Please Plus it, Like It ,Tweet It and best yet link to It.