Magento is ecommerce software and is available to download freely from their website. It is highly versatile software, which is one of the reasons that it has risen to popularity so fast. There are many ecommerce software available however Magetno is one of the chosen ones by many people wishing to have their online presence felt in the form of a shopping cart. Magneto by itself has many features built into it and thus reduces the need for you to add any extensions. However there are many extensions available for you to install into Magento to enhance the user experience. Furthermore if you wish for a truly unique website or custom functionality it is likely you will need the assistance of a Magento Web developer.
1. It is not a hard task to install Magento template over an existing store that too without SQL import as described below.
2. To start with the new template needs to be installed in a new directory and a new database needs to be created for it too.
3. In order to install the theme you need to extract the files to you local folder first and then upload them keeping the directory structure intact.
4. The new theme uploaded needs to be activated by going to the menu System Design and hitting the Add new theme button. Here you an select your newly uploaded theme and make it active. Hit the save changes button to save the changes made prior to exiting the page.
Magento Design Page
Now install the same Magento template to the existing store.
1. You need to upload the three directories app, skin and media to the your new Magento installation. 2. Select the new theme from the configuration after the upload is complete. 3. Now go back the first template installed at a separate location and go to CMS Pages Home Content 4. If the code is not on display then disable to WYSIWYG editor and copy code from the content field and replace it with the code that you have on the same page at your current admin panel. The same action is to be followed for the design tab. Copy the XML content to the existing store. 5. In addition to this the layout setting at your website should be the same as the new template. 6. Now go to the menu CMS Static Block and replace the code from each static block of the new template to each of your website’s static blocks except the footer links. 7. It is also possible to create new Static Blocks. The process is complete once the changes are saved.
Alakmalak is a web development company in India that offers services for several technologies. There have been around for a very long time and have developed over 2500 projects for clients all around the world. They have highly skilled web developers with a great deal of experience.
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.