Get a Free Quote
You will receive quote within 24 Hrs
Display The Full Post Instead Of An Excerpt In WordPress
- WordPress is available as a free download from their website. It is an open source software and has several applications. It can be used as a blog , a content management system and even an ecommerce website.
generic dapoxetine online https://nosesinus.com/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/dapoxetine.html over the counter
WordPress in general has been designed to be able to be used by people with little or no programming knowledge at all.
- Keeping that in mind this article has been designed so that it can be helpful to those setting out to make their own blogs.
generic vidalista online https://nosesinus.com/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/vidalista.html over the counter
In addition to that there are several people who already have a WordPress website and a floundering as to how to accomplish the simple task of converting their page with only excerpts in to a page which shows the full post. This article is for them as well.generic cytotec online https://nosesinus.com/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/cytotec.html over the counter
- WordPress posts can be displayed in full or partially as per the requirement. A short post summary termed as the WordPress excerpt is usually displayed on the first page and sometimes on inner template pages as well. Thus if you do have the need to display the full post instead of just the excerpt you will need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Your first need to detect which page the post summary is on. If it is on the home page then it is likely you may need to modify the index.php page. While if it is on one of the inner pages it is likely that it is a customised page, for which you would need to login to the admin and find the page in question via the editor provided.
- Assuming it is the home page you are dealing with, you will need to login to your web server via FTP.
- Navigate to your theme directory and download the index.php file.
- Edit this file in your favourite editor.
- You need to search for the text ‘the_excerpt’ in the content and replace it with the text ‘the_content’ and save the file.
- Now upload the file back to the server and refresh your browser.
- Additionally you can also remove the read more link by commenting it out.
- These are fairly simple instructions provided above to be able to accomplish the task. But if you are not a IT Savvy person and have limited knowledge of dealing with similar applications then you may be better off hiring a WordPress Web Developer to do the job.
- Alakmalak for one can set you up with a website in WordPress which would include all the bells and whistles. (like customized design and functionality). They would also provide you with necessary guidance required to maintain the website a carry out minor changes.
Alakmalak is a WordPress web development company involved in simple to complicated WordPress projects.
- Display The Full Post Instead Of An Excerpt In WordPress
- How to display full post instead of excerpt in wordpress
- wordpress web developer
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.