The future of the eCommerce business is uncertain. The current shift towards mobile shopping and the emergence of new technologies are forcing businesses to rethink their strategies. To survive, retailers have to stay ahead of the curve and learn how to adapt to changes in trends and consumer behavior. That’s why you can no longer afford to ignore open-source software. It promises to revolutionize the way businesses operate.
These Ecommerce options allow you to sell to millions of customers around the globe with its online store feature. However, they come at a price, often requiring a large amount of time and money to build, design, and update. With growing competition from Amazon and other international competitors, it makes sense that eCommerce platforms should evolve to stay competitive.
eCommerce Websites are essential for running a successful eCommerce store. There are plenty of options out there with powerful features, but which ones should you choose? Some are free, some are paid, and some are open source. The key question is whether they meet your specific requirements or not.
Here are some of the best open source and free eCommerce platforms for 2022:-
WooCommerce is the leading solution for small businesses looking to sell online. With over 50 million downloads, WooCommerce powers over 1.5 million websites. It also supports multiple languages, currencies, payment methods, tax systems, shipping options, and social features.
The benefits of using Woocommerce are many, but here are some that we think are the best:
1. Easy to use – no coding required or can be used with minimum technical knowledge/technical skill.
2. Free – No extra costs if you are not selling products
3. Simple to set up – easy to add to existing WordPress site
4. Secure – strong password protection & payments
5. Support – 24 hours support via email
6. Mobile-friendly – responsive layout
PrestaShop is the leading commerce platform for small businesses with over 3,000 companies using their software. In addition, PrestaShop was named No. 1 for its ease of use. Prestashop is a robust eCommerce solution that allows you to manage everything from product catalogs, orders, customers, shipping, payment gateway, reporting, and analytics. It’s easy to use, flexible, scalable, and secure.
Benefits of using PrestaShop to develop your website:
1. Easy to use and manage
2. SEO friendly (Search Engine Optimization)
3. Save money (You don’t have to pay for hosting and domain registration)
4. Free themes (A wide range of free templates are available)
5. More than 200+ extensions
6. 24×7 technical support
Opencart is one of the most popular open-source eCommerce platforms available today. It offers a lot of extra features and functionality at an affordable price.
Some of the benefits of using OpenCart:
1. Opencart is easy to install, configure, manage & update. It supports multiple languages & currencies.
2. It has very good documentation – we have used it for years.
3. The Admin panel is intuitive & user-friendly.
4. You don’t need to know HTML code.
5. We have seen it grow into a large eCommerce site with thousands of products.
With over 500+ customers across more than 100 different industries, BigCommerce offers everything you need to build an online business from scratch or migrate an existing site to the cloud. It comes with a full suite of key features, including shopping carts, inventory management, multi-channel marketing tools, shipping options, and much more.
Benefits of using BigCommerce to develop your website:
1. Easy to use eCommerce platform for startups and large businesses.
3. The advanced functionality of search & filters.
4. Multiple payment options including PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Payments, Credit Card, etc.
5. Inbuilt marketing tools to increase sales by driving traffic to your store.
ZenCart is an excellent platform to sell products online. If you are looking for an easy way to start selling online, Zen Cart is definitely worth checking out!
Benefits of using ZenCart to develop your website:
1. Easy Installation & Configuration – Zen Cart comes with pre-configured templates that are easy to install and configure.
2. Security – Zen Cart offers security built-in features. There are many third-party extensions available that offer additional security measures.
3. SEO friendly – Zen Cart allows you to add keywords and tags which improves search engine rankings.
4. Performance – Zen Cart has been designed to perform well even under heavy load conditions.
5. Multi-Language Support – Zen Cart supports multiple languages including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, etc.
6. User Friendly – Zen Cart is user-friendly and simple to use. All the functions are grouped under tabs, making it very easy to find what you want.
Magento eCommerce is one of the best Open Source eCommerce platforms for eCommerce websites. It was developed in 2013 and currently supports over 100 million active users worldwide. Its advanced features make it easy for developers to build flexible and scalable online stores.
Benefits of using Magento to develop your website:
1. Easy navigation – Easily navigate through the site by clicking links at the top right corner of each page.
2. Responsive designs – Your web pages adapt automatically to different screen sizes so they look great on mobile devices.
3. Optimized speed – Websites load faster than other eCommerce platforms.
4. Secure payment processing – Use secure checkout methods including PayPal Express 5. Checkout, Stripe Payments Pro, and Braintree Payments.
6. Multi-lingual support – Translate products into multiple languages using Google Translate.
7. Customer reviews – Show customer ratings and reviews on product pages.
Spree Commerce is one of the best eCommerce solutions available today. It offers a wide range of essential features like multi-vendor support, customizable themes, multiple payment methods, etc.
Benefits of using Spree Commerce to develop your website:
1. Easily add products to your eCommerce store
2. Easily manage inventory levels
3. Easily manage shipping costs
4. Control pricing
5. Support multiple currencies
6. Add images to product pages
osCommerce can be used to develop an online presence with ease and speed, it also has very good additional features like drag & drop page builder, easy installation, powerful admin panel, etc. Also, it has many modules available for free.
Benefits of using osCommerce to develop your website:
1. osCommerce supports multiple languages (including English) and several different character sets.
2. osCommerce has been used by thousands of websites around the world, including many Fortune 500 companies.
3. osCommerce comes with pre-installed themes which are easy to install, customize and apply to your site.
All of these mentioned open-source platforms are great options for small businesses looking to start selling online using a platform they already know. We hope our list of best open source eCommerce platforms has helped you find the right solution for your business. I would recommend choosing one based on your needs and budget. If you don’t know what eCommerce features you need, then choose a platform that has all the basic features. The best thing about these platforms is they provide great support, so you won’t be left alone when you encounter any problem.
OVER 600 Small, Medium and Large Enterprise business clients have chosen us from 35 COUNTRIES
I want to thank all Alakmalak team for take my project and help me to improve my website! Thank you for your responsibility and seriousness at the time to do corrections and improvements on my website and for always be in touch with me. Highly recommended! Great team! Great company! I'm very thankful Alakmalak!
Frank M. Cali.USA
A few kinds words to say about Alakmalak programming and design. Working with these guys is always such a great relief. You know you are getting your stuff done right and usually always in a timely fashion. I’m a middle man for the most part And my clients are always happy with the end result.