An ecommerce website is almost become a must for every business like a brick store for example. A brick store restricts you to a local area with limited reach. However, once you do have an ecommerce store there are endless possibilities since your store is active and online 24 hours a day for anyone in the world to visit and make a purchase. Although simply having an ecommerce website is not enough. It is also necessary to actively involved in effort to improve it. The first and foremost step of any ecommerce strategy is usually ecommerce website analysis.
Ecommerce website Analysis
The ecommerce website analysis is very important since it provides a deep insight into the workings of your website with data like who are your visitors and which pages / products are popular with them. Ecommerce website analysis give you a lot of information like mentioned here:
- The source of your website traffic, like country, state and even city.
- Where (which city or place) the revenue is being generated from.
- Which pages or products are viewed the most and hence which pages or products are of more interest to the visitors.
- Try to understand which is the top landing page and top exit page.
- How the visitors get to your website, directly or via a search engine.
- Also detect which keywords are used on a search engine to get to your website.
Special tools & techniques to analyse a website
There are special tools and techniques that can be used to analyse a website. There are also several methods commonly used by SEO experts that can prove to be invaluable as mentioned here:
- Your website pages should have the correct page titles.
- Special tools both online and offline are available to analyse the keywords on your website. Such tools used for keyword analysis can go a long way when making sure your website is best set to respond to certain keywords.
- Besides your ecommerce website itself it is also a good idea to maintain a blog. This is mainly to help your content strategy which is a must these days.
- It is amazing how many people use the internet to obtain information, hence maintaining content rich blogs or even posting useful articles on popular articles websites can boost your website in a big way.
- There are special tools available to test the loading speed of your website. The loading speed of your website is very important since the visitors these days do not have a lot of patience when it comes to slow loading websites.
Tips to improve conversion rate
- It is a good idea to have an ecommerce website with a good design, easy navigation and fast checkout to keep the visitor frustration at the minimum.
- Providing detailed product description goes a long way in helping the visitors turn customers. Including videos to showcase the product improves your changes even more.
- Every ecommerce websites needs to be optimised for viewing on a mobile device. There are officially more mobile internet users and hence it is vital that your ecommerce website loads properly and fast for them.
- In store offers plays a major role in boosting your website conversion ratio. Having offers like free shipping, daily specials and offers can make a big difference in the longer run.
Ecommerce development at Alakmalak
Alakmalak is an ecommerce development company in India that has successfully completed more than 2000 projects. They offer ecommerce web design in India and have the necessary resources too. They have a good team of software developers with state of the art facilities and the infrastructure to support it as well.With a good track record, their client retention rate speaks for itself.